Monday, June 15, 2009

PLEIN AIR!!! Joy and frustration thereof...


Not much beats it for me! Today I went to Old World Wisconsin which is a great place that has a collection of barns . These barns and homesteads have been moved there from all around the state and lovingly rebuilt one board at a time in ethnic villages. (German,Norwegian Etc.) It is quite large and there are trams to take you around. Even so there is a great deal of walking and I was kicking myself for not packing lighter again! So you could say I had a frustrating start. The people I was to paint with I could not find in the sea of people! (Finally found them when I was all done and almost at my car.) I am not a physically strong person so just getting to the tram was a challenge. Then when I got to the place to paint I found that at some point on the (crazy) tram ride I had lost the gadget my husband made me to attach my umbrella to my easel. That meant I had to find a different subject to paint ( and move my already set up stuff) where I could be in the shade somehow as I would burn to a crisp being from Wisconsin and all! However...once I started painting all was well. Nothing bothered me...not even the hundreds of people asking questions...or the little kids who stuck fingers in my paints...What is that feeling...total attention...totally relaxed? I love it!

So here is today's offering entitled" A Spot in the Shade" 8x10 oil on canvas.

1 comment:

  1. that's a nice piece, Wendie!! Like it...great composition..good control of values and color!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...