Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elm Grove, plein air and Business cards!

"Elm Grove Rush" 10x20 oil

Flooded Path 12x12 oil

I went twice this week to the beautiful community park in Elm Grove WI to paint. Saturday Morning I painted with Anthony Sell after it had flooded in the area for three days and the forecast was a morning full of the same. However, although the sky looked very threatening, not one drop fell and we painted till noon. The community has planted prairie flowers all around the area which were proliferating... black eyed susan, purple cone, queen Anne's lace and more. Aginst the dark sky it was incredible.

Then in sunny skies I went back again Monday Evening to paint with Judith Reidy....very different light and just as stunning...I can't seem to get enough.

It seems that I will never learn...I forgot my business cards and postcards again...I wonder how many patron opportunity's I have missed as a result of this when painting outdoors! People love to watch you paint and I have learned that they like to purchase from artist's they know...I must get better at this!!!!

Starting August 7th and ending on Aug 14th I will be participating in Mid Summers Brush, Oconomowoc's Plein Air Competition. Come out and watch as Artists paint and then bid on the work generated from Friday evening through Sat. afternoon. Followed by a street dance...it should be a world of fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...