Thursday, August 9, 2012

My happenings this week: Schauer Center Friday, Renaissance Fair Saturday and Sunday and West Bend on Tuesday!!

Wow another busy plein air week coming up for me!

Friday from 6:30 to 7:30 is the awards ceremony for "A State of Inspiration" a WIPAPA juried show at the Schauer Center for the Arts in Hartford WI. I have 4 pieces in this show: 


 

 Two small studies and two larger pieces from the studies.Can you tell which is which?









Then on Saturday and Sunday I will be one of 20 artists creating plein air work at the Renaissance Faire in Bristol WI (right on the border between Illinois and Wisconsin). I have been looking forward to this all year as I participated last year and had a great time!! I also took many photo's last year...here are some of the paintings that resulted:




 

Watch me and 19 other artists jousting with our easels!!! Then on Sunday around 3 consider purchasing via auction one of the paintings right off a human easel!
!! Proceeds benefit AWE (Artists Working In Education) who's mission is to provide youth in the Milwaukee area with arts enrichment programs to enhance human potential, advance learning and cultivate community.  http://www.renfair.com/bristol/specialevents/pleinaire.asp#Artists


On Tuesday the 14th I will be one of 20 participating artists painting on the grounds of West Bend Mutual Insurance Company in West Bend WI. I have never been there but I hear it is a wonderful place!!

Also I have an entry in this August's Bold Brush Competition...it is a public choice event so if you like my piece on the site it will help me possibly win an award!!! Here is the link: http://faso.com/boldbrush/painting/36486 and Here is  what the the painting looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...