Sunday, June 10, 2012

Painting Beloit and Evansville

117 Main
12x12 oil on panel
(Evansville WI)

So much painting this week!! On the 31st of May the Beloit Plein Air Competition began with work being turned in on Thursday June 7th. I painted 2 days as it is an hour and a half drive for me! This year we were allowed to paint on the whole Beloit College campus. What a beautiful place! I was drawn to the corner of the Campus called the "Poetry Garden" over and over again. Then one evening the dam on the Rock River grabbed my attention. Here are my results!

"Entrance to the Past"
20x16 oil on panel
(Beloit College, Beloit)
SOLD
"Silent Verse"
20x16 oil on panel
(Beloit College, Beloit)
"Taming the Wild"
12x9 oil on panel
(Beloit)
I painted a studio piece of my friend Carolyn walking through the Peonies in Green Lake:

"Carolyn in the Poenies"
20x10 oil on panel
(Studio) 
Then I spent a morning painting with my friend Marcia in her amazing flower garden:

"Marcia's Roses"
9x12 oil on panel
(Milwaukee)

And an afternoon painting with my friend Gail near my home in Ashppun: 
"Farm on Davidson
12x12 oil on panel
(Ashippun)

And finally I painted in the most delightful small town called Evansville WI... Magical!!! (See first photo...117 Main)

All works are available!!!!

Next up CEDARBURG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...