Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Paintings 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24 of the 30/30 painting Challenge! Winners and losers!!!

Sweet Rest
12x9 oil by Wendie Thompson
Plymouth Plein Air
Today is September 30th and it is obvious that I will not be painting all 30 paintings for the 30/30 Challenge. I only painted 24! These last 5 were all done Plein Air (in the open air) in various communities around Wisconsin...soooooo was it worth it?

Mr Pumpkin Head
12x9 oil by Wendie Thompson
Harvest Fair (Wisconsin State Fair Park )
You bet it was!! I have done this challenge 4 years in a row and twice I haven't completed it (loser?). But even with that I have painted more than I would have otherwise, honed my skill, learned some new tricks, found some new tools, made some new friends and sold some work (winner winner chicken dinner!)! What's not to like about that??

Kate's Abundance
16x12 oil by Wendie Thompson
Plymouth Plein Air
It is always a stretch to challenge myself to paint more but I have learned to relax into it, be gentle with myself (respect myself and my limits), look at the big picture (learning learning learning) and HAVE FUN!

Three Sisters and the Wind
10x20 oil by Wendie Thompson
Evansville Plein Air
So what's next for me? I will be teaching my very first workshop in two weeks at the Beaver Dam Area Artists Association and am excited to do it! AND the fall color is just beginning in my area...Lord willing I will be outside painting it in all it's glory!

Harvest on the Edge of Town
12x16 oil by Wendie Thompson
Evansville Plein AIr

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...