Thursday, January 10, 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 9: At Their Peak

At their Peak
16x20 oil on linen panel
$590
SOLD!
                                                         
Day 9: Had to stick with the roses again as they were at the perfection point! I decided to tackle them bigger...16x20. I wanted to take a little more care than yesterdays painting with the placement of the roses so I drew a light pencil drawing so as to define placement. Then I did a really quick under-painting (15 minutes) to get general color placement. Then I took out my palette knife and had fun. I don't know if there will be anything left of the roses to paint tomorrow but if there is I might need to use them one more time! See you then!


Under-painting


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...